The Adobe Flash Player is required to watch videos on this page
||rohnert park, CA
Julia McCoy; Adam Lessnau; Jeremy Lessnau; Patrick Herrmann; William Hoberg; Kyle Goff; Ed Wallace; Ricky Lomeli
Artist / Band Member: Adam Lessnau Rule5ska@gmail.com 707.481.5521
|# Years Experience Performing Live:
|# Live Perfomances Past Six-months:
||Sonoma County, CA: 151-200; Chico, CA: 0-30; Fresno, CA: 0-30; Marin/Point Reyes, CA: 31-50; Berkeley, CA: 0-30; Emeryville, CA: 0-30; San Fransisco, CA: 31-50
||The Phoenix Theater - Petaluma, CA; six flags discovery kingdom - vallejo (san francisco), California; DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA
||Voodoo Glow Skulls; Monkey; The Phenomenauts
||Influences include two-tone and third wave ska, as well as classic rock and roll, funk, hard rock/metal, and acapella.
|Performing Rights Society:
||Silly in a Bad Way EP—2011
About the ArtistRule 5, an 8-piece ska band from Sonoma County, takes the principles of technical musicianship and merges them with the soul-wrenching goodness of rock, ska, & funk, creating what can only be described as the next wave in ska music. Rule 5 is all about fast, pulsing, and upbeat music, featuring funny, creative, and unique song inspiration, and crazy, unexpected antics. Wrap up all those adjectives into one package, and you'll find yourself right in the middle of a gyrating dance floor. Rule 5 has a unique sound, which allows them the liberty to fit practically anywhere, from art galleries and farmer's markets to bars, clubs, and even Six Flags amusement parks. At any rate, this band takes unconventionality and makes it effective, turns the ordinary into the ironic, and breaks all the rules into a single form: The only rule that ever mattered.
- Rule 5 owns it's own PA system but takes no issue with utilizing any system already in place.
- Rule 5 uses 6 vocal microphones and 3 instrument microphones for live performances, and if the venue size warrants it, additional microphones for guitar amps and the drum kit as well.
- Bass and Keyboards are both run directly into the PA, via direct box if available.
- Rule 5's drummer plays on a lefty set; we prefer to use his personal drum kit, but are open to using a house kit as long as we are permitted to adjust the set-up accordingly.
- Standard 120 room circuts can support all electrical equpitment.
Top 40 in Punk, April 2011
File Transfer Complete's Blog - week one
by An interview with Rule 5:1. Where do you see your band in 5 years?-The moon.2. What is your fantasy gig?-The word "fantasy" implies that it is for whatever reason unobtainable, but we can't tell...