Jen Foster wants you to hear her music. Whether she's singing about the time her lover moved out and took everything she owned in "Taking Bob Dylan," or about our jaded American culture in "Closer to Nowhere," she has something she needs to share with you.
An award-winning singer/songwriter who regularly sells out shows all over the country, Foster draws a devoted following to her live shows, though her largest fan base resides in the southeast. Her bond with fans creates a captive audience, anxious to hear her stories and take in her unique sense of humor. Foster always delivers, making her audience laugh, even if it's at her own expense.
With 3 official studio albums and numerous singles to her credit, Foster has worked with some of the finest musicians in the industry, including members of Sarah McLachlan's current touring band, Peter Stroud and Vince Jones.
* Jen Foster is an award-winning singer/songwriter who has built her own label, Fosterchild Records, into a successful business since 2003. With 3 official studio releases exceeding sales of 30,000 units, Jen has gained a passionate international fan base through touring and connecting with fans. With the understanding that the fans are key to the success of her music, Foster maintains a personal and interactive relationship with her supporters via Social Networking, Email, and blog updates at www.jenfoster.com
* Jen's song "Venice Beach" was recently announced to be the theme song for the hot new series, "VENICE", which is a spin-off from the CBS soap opera "The Guiding Light". Another original song by Jen, "I'm In Love With You", is also featured in the series, with more music to come. Thousands of new fans have embraced Jen's music as a result of this placement, and online sales have soared in recent weeks. www.venicetheseries.com
* In June of 2009, Jen kicked off her songwriter series - "The Writer's Share" - at the Bluebird Cafe. The series was created in honor of Jen's mother, Mary Alice Foster, who passed away from endometrial cancer in 2008. All proceeds from the events go to raise money for the TJ Martell Foundation for Cancer, AIDS, and Leukemia Research. The first event featured Jen, along with #1 hit songwriter Chuck Cannon and Grammy-Award winning songwriters Richard Marx, Mike
Reid, and Lari White. More events coming!
* In October, 2009, Jen was elected to the board of Nashville Songwriters Association International - a body of creative minds, including songwriters from all genres of music, pro and amateur, who are committed to protecting the rights and future of the profession of songwriting, and to educate, elevate, and celebrate the songwriter and to act as a unifying force within the music community and the community at large.
* Jen has had numerous film/tv placements, including of MTV's wildly popular show, "The Hills", feature film, "American Pie: Beta House", the popular soap opera "All My Children", and, most recently, multiple placements – including the theme song – for the newly released web series
* When she's not busy recording or writing and co-writing songs in Nashville, Jen also tours nationally and has shared stages with Melissa Etheridge, John Mayer, Patty Griffin, and many others.
* Jen's latest project, "Thirty-Nine", is currently for sale at www.jenfoster.com
in "The Shop", as well as on Itunes, and Amazon. Her other music is also available online - the best way to purchase is always DIRECTLY through jenfoster.com - because most of the money goes to the artist this way - not to mention all cds are personally autographed this way! Thank you for supporting independent music!AWARDS WON IN 2009
*BEST FEMALE VIDEO OF 2009 - "CLOSER TO NOWHERE" - LOGO/MTV AWARDS WON IN 2008
*"CLOSER TO NOWHERE" - WINNER, TRIPLE A CATEGORY, INTERNATIONAL SONGWRITING COMPETITION
*"VENICE BEACH" - FINALIST, FOLK CATEGORY, JOHN LENNON SONGWRITING CONTEST
*"CLOSER TO NOWHERE" - WINNER, ROCK CATEGORY, INDEPENDENT
*"CLOSER TO NOWHERE"- BEST FEMALE VIDEO OF 2008 - LOGO/MTVAWARDS WON IN 2006
*"THE UNDERDOGS" - SONG OF THE YEAR, OUT MUSIC AWARDS
*"TAKING BOB DYLAN" - WINNER, NASHVILLE SONG & LYRIC CONTEST
*BEST FEMALE ENTERTAINER - THE STAND-OUT AWARDSAWARDS WON IN 2005
*"TAKING BOB DYLAN" - GRAND PRIZE, INTERNATIONAL ACOUSTIC MUSIC AWARDS
*"TAKING BOB DYLAN" - BEST FEMALE ARTIST, INTERNATIONAL ACOUSTIC MUSIC
*"AMEN" - WINNER, GOSPEL CATEGORY, USA SONGWRITING CONTEST
*"THE UNDERDOGS" - FINALIST, POP CATEGORY, JOHN LENNON SONGWRITING
*"SUN IN SEATTLE" - FINALIST, FOLK/AMERICANA CATEGORY, INTERNATIONAL
ACOUSTIC MUSIC AWARDS
*"THE UNDERDOGS" - FINALIST
INTERNATIONAL ACOUSTIC MUSIC AWARDS
*"TAKING BOB DYLAN" - FINALIST, ROCK/ALTERNATIVE CATEGORY, USA SONGWRITING CONTEST
*"WITHOUT MICHAELANGELO" - DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION WINNER, POSITIVE POP
*"AMEN" - DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION WINNER, POSITIVE POP CONTESTAWARDS WON PRIOR TO 2005
*"SHE" - WINNER, POP CATEGORY, 2001, JOHN LENNON SONGWRITING CONTEST
*"SHE" - WINNER, POP CATEGORY, 2001, GREAT AMERICAN SONGWRITING CONTEST
*"EVERYBODY'S GIRL" (FULL RECORD) - WINNER, BEST DEBUT RECORDING - FEMALE,
2004, OUT MUSIC AWARDS
*"IN BETWEEN POSES" - WINNER, 1st ANNUAL AWARDS, BEST FEMALE ARTIST,
INTERNATIONAL ACOUSTIC MUSIC AWARDS