I have been a Hard Rock/ Rock-n-Roll Drummer for over twenty years. I started playing in 1986 when I was fifteen with a pair of headphones and a $75 drum set. I taught myself how to play the drums by practicing with albums from Tesla, Cinderella, Stryper, and Metallica. I upgraded to some chrome Ludwigs about one year later. In 1989 I bought a set of TAMA Rockstar DX drums with a Power Tower System. These have been my drums of choice ever since. From Milwaukee to Memphis, we’ve seen every dive in between.
Over the years, I have practiced several different styles such as Country, Blues, Rockabilly, Jazz, Funk, and more. I also offer instruction for beginner to advanced drumming in the Chattanooga, TN region.
• 2008- Chokeslam- Down South to be released under Stomper Bully Records™.
• 2008- Richie Norton album at Digital Underground.
• 1987- I recorded for the first time. My band Rox Hard cut four tracks at Musicom Studios with Charlie Ireland.
• 1989- Studio East- David Little- Sessions with Perran Davis and Cris Myer.
• 1989-1991- Session work throughout Nashville with Perran Davis.
• 1992- I recorded a very rare four-song demo in South Pittsburg, TN with Trash Alley.
• 1997- Chokeslam- The Killer- Stomper Bully Records™.
• 2001- Chokeslam- Self-titled- Stomper Bully Records™.
• 2005- Chokeslam- Hillbilly- Stomper Bully Records™.
• Chokeslam was voted Best Metal Band at the CIA Music Awards in 2003, 2004, and 2005 and nominated as Best Live Act.
• The song “Hillbilly” was nominated as Best Local Single in 2005.
• At these same awards, I was the runner- up for Best Drummer four years in a row.
References: • Bill Brewer- Big Brew Custom Drumworks, Taps Percussion- Chattanooga, TN 423-855-8282
• Mark Devane- Sound Post- Rossville, GA 706-891-9400
My influences include Mikkey Dee, Tommy Aldridge, Robert Sweet, John Tempesta, Artimus Pyle, Tommy Lee, and Ronnie Tutt.
I also build websites. Check out this website I built: www.dreamcatchercreations.net