Music Fans

Join OurStage to discover and listen to new music from great indie artists.

Login or sign up


Get exposure building your fan base and selling music.

Find opportunities through our competitions.

Artist Sign Up



Video Playback Error

The Adobe Flash Player is required to watch videos on this page
Portrait of Young H "The Great"

Young H "The Great"

About Young H "The Great"

Glen Burnie, MD

Born on July 26, 1984. I moved to Long Beach, California in 1988. From Cali I moved to Chicago in 1989, the from chi-town to New Orleans and finally we settled back in Maryland when I was around 5-6 years old. I moved a lot due to my parents fast pasted lifestyle, they both sold drugs and when we moved back to MD and they were arrested. My mother for smuggling drugs from BWI to LAX in 89-90. My father was arrested for second degree murder. I grew up in the hoods of Annapolis, MD first Robinwood where my pops was raised, then around the time I hit 1st grade we moved to another hood called Annapolis Gardens, A.G. for short or The Onion Block (ABC). I 1st moved there when I was 7 years old where I met Greeny (Demario Green) another member of Keep It Raw. I was basically a problem child all the way up to 1995 when my moms was released, then I chilled out a bit. I pick up the art of fashion and writing from my mother who while incarcerated use to write me telling me stories of her life and she use to make sweaters and hats and send them to me and my 3 siblings. I grew up in a household of 9 kids all cousin except 3. My grand mother and Aunt were foster parents of me and my cousins who’s mothers and father were all in jail also, so we all grew up the same no parents just my aunt Fatsy and Grandma Aggie to care for us. Seven months after my moms release from jail she died from a disease called Lupus, I then started writing poems and often rhymed on paper about my life and the way it was going at the time. In 98 my grandmother died of a massive seizure and we moved to Glen Burnie, MD, with my aunt Fatsy and uncle Belly. Belly and his friends played a major roll in all of the boys life in the house being the only father figure to us. My pops was released just 5 day before my grandmother passed. In 2000 I moved back to Annapolis with my father when my uncle Belly was arrested on federal drug charges. In 2002 I started my own clothing line called Banco Pop Exclusives and later in 2003 recruited my younger cousin Cell Spitfire to assist me. I later found out that he a studio in his house and recorded songs on a regular basis, so I persuaded him to let me rap on a song me and my friend Greeny, I laid my verse and that was the debut of Young H “The Great”. August of 2003 my father was murdered by a friend of 12 years as he sat in his car outside a nightclub in Annapolis, MD. Around the same time I was enrolled in college in Florida but had to postpone my attendance until later that fall because I had no way to pay for my schooling. October of 2003 I attended the art institute of Philly, where I put my own self through school for 2 semesters before I dropped out. During that time I was traveling back in forth Philly and MD to record songs with my team after our Sept. 11 debut created a buzz in the streets in MD, D.C., Philly, Delaware, and some of N.Y. The following summer I had my son Camerin on July 6th , the same day my grandmother passed just 6 years later. With that said I got on my grind like a trick bike, because I knew that it was up to me to hold my family down. So every night before I go to sleep I write a 16 bar verse to sharpen my skills as a mc. On July 4th,2005 I dropped my solo album “Independence Day” which was the second major time we showcased our talent as the elite rap group that we are, showing versatility. I say that to say this, we here, we wont move, we wont lose.



More About The Artist

Portrait of Young H "The Great"
Young H "The Great"